Monday, October 6, 2008

The Nettie Pot

I've been having sinus problems for about the last 3 years. I was so hoping that it would resolve itself by being on this diet but so far it hasn't. I decided to take matters into my own hands and buy a nettie pot. I've had it for about a month and haven't used it because I was scared, lol. I watched a YouTube video showing how it worked and it looked easy enough. The other day I decided to finally try it. I guess my sinuses are more messed up than I thought because instead of a stream flowing through my nose, I had a drip going on. In the mean time my sinus cavity was burning up!!! I've used the nettie pot about 4 times now and I swear it seems like my sinuses are getting worse with each use. I have so much sinus pressure right now. I'm hoping that it's actually working and I just have to push though until all the junk is out. I've heard people using some oil of oregano in the netti pot. I might have to buy some and try it. I'll update in a few days.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Try using less of the saline solution. When my are horrible, it usually takes 2-3 rinses to get things "flowing". Warm, but not hot water is essential too.

Karen said...

Thanks for the tip.

Working Mama said...

Oh, let me know if you get success Karen. I have been on the verge of getting one for about 6 months now. I would love to know if it does end up helping!

Melodie said...

I'd like to hear how things turn out, too. I was talking to my asthma doctor on Thursday, and she thought it would be a good idea to try it out.

Working Mama said...

So what ever happened w/ the nettie pot???? did it end up helping??