Saturday, October 18, 2008

Update on the nettie pot

Ok, I'm sorry. I know I promised an update. The truth is that I haven't consistently been using it to know if it works or not. After the day that I used it four times, I felt like I had a head cold. I even had sneezing. The next day, I only used it once. It did give some relief but it was only temporary. The relief lasted about an hour. I did buy some oil of oregano but I haven't used it yet so I don't know if it makes a difference. I'm not giving up on the nettie pot yet. I think it's something that you need to do consistently until the symptoms are gone. I could be wrong though...what do I know?

2 comments:

Naomi Devlin said...

Have you thought about trying homeopathy? It has a good track record with sinus problems. Kali Bich 30c is the one to try first - without knowing your symptoms. Take it three times a day for a week and no longer.

Dairy is most commonly responsible for cattarh - you could try eliminating it from your diet for a couple of weeks and see if there is an improvement. Also citrus fruit/juice can increase mucous production and worsen cattarh.

If you have a low grade infection in your sinus then you could also try taking immune support supplements. You may already do this but echinacea or astragalus are great immune tonics - echinacea take for a few weeks and then have a break of a few weeks before taking it for another few weeks. Astragalus yu can take constantly if you need to.

Vitamins C and B and minerals, zinc and magnesium may help you raise your immunity too.

I think nettie pots are quite extreme and don't get to the source of the problem. Plus you have to be pretty macho to take the pain!

x x x

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen
I found your blog googling for die off symptoms and I read it from the beginning to end. What a journey!!! I wish you all the best and best health too.

a reader in Sweden