Thursday, August 21, 2008

Are there any safe food containers and cookware???

This is something that has bothered me for a while since the whole report about BPA leaching from plastic containers including sippy cups. I bought a couple of Klean Kanteens for Shawn's lunch. Also bought some snack sacks to replace the ziplock baggies. We are still using our old cookware and I cringe every time I cook but we can't afford to replace them right now. I have an idea of what I want to replace my pans with but what about food containers??? I've seen glass containers but someone mentioned they could have lead in it. How do you know for sure if a glass container contains lead? Then I saw this article that talks about lead leaching from a ceramic crock pot. Ugh, I use my Crockpot almost daily! I want to start fermenting veggies and kombucha. What do I use? Glass, ceramic, stainless steel? I'm so confused and so angry that there are still products out there that have lead in them; especially the kind used for food!

No comments: