Sunday, August 10, 2008

Roasted Kale

I saw this on another blog and decided to try it. It was supposed to taste like a chip. Now in the picture on the other blog, her pieces were big. I couldn't find any kale except for the prewashed bagged kind so my pieces were quite small. Joshua seemed to really like it. He must have had at least ten pieces. Shawn seemed like he liked it also. He had about 4 pieces and then said he didn't like it, lol. I thought it was ok. I did taste a faint taste of kale but the crunchier the piece, the better. Ok, Don just came home from work and tasted it without even asking what it was! His thoughts - he said it was interesting, lol. Another great way to get a leafy green veggie in my kids!

Oh, one more thing I forgot to add - instead of olive oil, I used coconut oil. Most people don't realize this but you shouldn't use olive oil to cook with. It should be used cold like on salads. Heat will destroy a lot of nutrients and change unsaturated fatty acids into trans-fats. Coconut oil can be used at high temps.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

That sounds pretty cool.