Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Frustrated

I'm so frustrated right now. Yesterday, Shawn had his end of the year award ceremony for class. When he came over to me and said hi, he told me he ate some ice. I told him that's ok, ice is just frozen water. Then he told me it was colored ice. I'm assuming it was some sort of snow cone/snow ball (if your from MD) or popsicle or something similar. When I started questioning him, he said he was just kidding. I don't know if he was lying (he's been lying a lot this past year) or if he really did have some colored ice but his behavior was off last night. I tried to ignore it thinking I was imagining it because I suspected he had an infraction but this morning he was very argumentative and trying very hard to get yelled at. I did not write a note to his teacher because today is the last day of school. I'm so happy I don't have to worry about packing his lunch for a while. I wonder how much improvement we'll see now that I'll have complete control over what he is eating. I'm thinking about starting the intro with Shawn again and progressing through the stages with him. I'm not seeing the kind of results I would have liked to see by now but I'm thinking that I didn't allow enough time for his gut to heal. We'll see though because I don't really want to take away the almond flour. I'm going to start experimenting with Stage 1 recipes to see if I can find enough variety that Shawn will eat.

No comments: