Thursday, June 19, 2008

My experiments...

I decided to give Shawn a little bit of cheddar cheese two days ago to see if I still saw a behavior reaction. Don thinks I'm imagining it so I told Shawn that it was a test. If he wanted to continue to be able to eat cheese, he had to be on his best behavior or else I will think it is the cheese making him act that way and he won't be able to have cheese anymore. He only got half a slice. He did pretty good at first although he did seem to get a little more hyper but not enough for me to think he was having a reaction. However, about 2 hrs after eating the cheese, he got really whiny and argumentative. It's the same reaction I've seen before when he eats cheese so I'm not imagining it! I even tried to remind him several times to watch how he was acting because he won't be able to eat cheese anymore but he just couldn't control himself so for now he won't be eating cheese :(

Today was another experiment. I decided to give the homemade goat yogurt another try. This time I was going to start out with a very small amount. I gave him 1/8 teaspoon. I did see a reaction but it wasn't too bad so I may try him again at 1/8 teaspoon tomorrow and see how he does. His reaction to the yogurt today only lasted about 2 hrs and then he was back to normal. I just don't know if he's reacting to the goat milk casein or if it's the probiotics in the yogurt. I'm going to try and drip some tonight and give him 1/8 tsp. of the dripped yogurt tomorrow and see how he reacts. After that, I'll try to freeze some and give him some of that. Freezing kills most of the probiotic so if he still reacts, I'll know its the goat milk. If he doesn't react to the frozen yogurt, I'll know it's the probiotics he's reacting to.

No comments: