Saturday, September 27, 2008

Repercussions

As much as I try to be 100% GAPS, sometimes I just get so overwhelmed and there is no prepared food to feed the kids. On those such occasions, I will allow them to eat pizza (because they've got to eat). It's been a while since I've had pizza but 2 days ago we ordered pizza for dinner because I didn't have anything that could be cooked fast and that the kids would eat. It was really weird because I could actually taste the sugar in the sauce, lol. Although the sauce didn't really appeal to me much anymore, I still found pleasure in eating the crust. I should know better by now not to eat illegal food.

Yesterday was a tough day. Joshua woke up in the middle of the night and then woke up earlier than normal. He was a whiny mess all day (except for when we were at the playground, lol). He also didn't take a very long nap. Shawn had trouble getting ready for school and when he came home, he had some attitude! It was tough dealing with them because I had a huge headache. There is no doubt in my mind that this was all caused by us eating pizza. I still have the headache this morning and some sinus congestion. I wish I would learn my lesson!!!

I made some bone broth the other day and last night I made vegetable beef soup out of it. I got some yogurt started. I made some banana bread and carrot bread. Today I have to mass produce some almond flour pancakes to last us through the week. I need to peel, cut, and cook some apples so I can make some applesauce. I need to make some ice cream and nut butter brownies for snacks. If I can get all that done today, I'll feel much better and a little more caught up. Well, off to do some cooking.

No comments: