Monday, September 29, 2008

Today we saw Dr. Tappan...again. Don and I had a little argument because he thinks I'm being too strict with the diet. He thinks that it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. He totally doesn't understand the science behind the diet. It is an all or nothing type of diet. You have to be fanatical about it. I admit that I'm not but I strive to be.

Anyway, Don was concerned that Shawn wasn't healthy because sometimes he gets cramps when he has a bowel movement and it makes him puke. It doesn't happen that often and even though I can't prove what it was that made him have cramps and puke, I'm pretty sure I know what it was and it doesn't have anything to do with food. It has to do with some supplements. Don didn't want to listen to it though and he said he wanted Shawn to see the doctor because it wasn't normal.

So off to the doctors we went today. Dr. Tappan said that Shawn was perfectly healthy. He's maintaining his weight and everything else looked good. He asked us a bunch of questions and wrote down all the supplements we were giving him. He even said he would do a little research on the Betaine HCL with Pepsin because I asked him if he would write a note for us so Shawn could take it at school. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one because it really has helped him digest cheese. He asked me to keep a food journal for two weeks so he can see exactly what he's eating and even mentioned maybe reviewing it with a nutritionist (which I'm not too thrilled about). This diet does not follow the food pyramid so I don't have much hope for a nutritionist to agree with the diet.

Just so you know- I did not say I told you so to Don but I sure was thinking it, lol.

No comments: