Friday, May 23, 2008

Another set back

So Shawn didn't bring home his agenda on Wednesday and Thursday but he said he had to move his stick to yellow. Wednesday he said that he forgot his agenda and Thursday he said he couldn't find his agenda. His behavior was a little off at home but not too bad. He was a little emotional, had really bad attention, but he wasn't too hyper. This morning a wrote a note to his teacher about his agenda and asked her how he's been doing the last couple of days. Today, he brought home his agenda and he had yellow for Wednesday, Thursday, and today. The note his teacher wrote to me was that he was having trouble at the end of the day. Well, I racked my brain trying to figure out if it was more die-off or if it was the tiny sip of smoothie with SCD Yogurt in it I gave him or the bite of herb bread that had Cheddar cheese in it. None of it made sense and then I re-read her note and the part about him having trouble at the end of the day was like a light bulb going off in my head. I recently made homemade strawberry jam and bought some natural peanut butter (just peanuts and salt). I've been sending in a peanut butter and jam sandwich made between two almond flour pancakes in with him for snack. I talked his teacher into letting him eat a snack at the end of the day because they eat lunch at 10:15 and his bus doesn't drop him off until 3:45pm. It has to be the peanut butter! I can't believe I didn't think about that before. Technically, peanuts are an advanced food and we shouldn't be eating it right now, but we aren't doing the stages and I really didn't think they would have any effect on us. I guess I was wrong. It's kind of ironic because Shawn practically lived on peanut butter before we started this diet. He's also developed a cough since yesterday and I think some congestion (maybe post nasal drip?). I wonder if Shawn has a peanut allergy that we never knew about. He hasn't had any sinus problems or coughing since we started the diet but he still has the dark circles under his eyes. It makes me wonder. Of course now I have to pull the peanut butter and Shawn is not going to be happy about that. We have some homemade almond butter but it doesn't have much flavor. I'm going to try and mix some sea salt and honey into the almond butter and see if I can get it to taste decent enough to use on a sandwich. I think I should see an improvement in the next few days if I pull the peanut butter. If not, I guess it's back to the drawing board. This diet can be very confusing sometimes!

No comments: