Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He ate it!

Shawn ate the "fish pancakes"! They didn't quite turn out the way they were supposed to. I read the directions wrong and they were a little on the runny side. I had a hard time thickening it up but decided to fry them as pancakes instead of rolling them into a ball. They were falling apart while I was trying to flip them but I managed to make a few intact. Don gave Shawn a bite and wouldn't tell him what it was. Shawn asked if it was a chicken pancake and when I said no, he wanted to know what it was. I asked him if he liked it and he said yes. I told him he couldn't change his mind once he found out what they were and when I told him they were fish pancakes, he got a huge smile on his face and said he wanted more. Joshua ate them too. So another huge victory today!

It's weird to me for Shawn to actually request certain foods now. He's been asking for scrambled eggs lately and he never ate eggs before starting this diet. I'm finally starting to see some progress made with him. As much as I worried about Joshua's weight when we started this diet, I don't think I have to worry anymore. He's been eating like crazy and he felt like he was getting heavier. I put him on the scale tonight and he weighed about 23.5 lbs. He was just under 20 lbs at his 18 month check up 6 months ago. So he's gaining weight and this is without drinking whole milk!

I was going to wait until their doctor's appointment (5-29) before starting them on any supplements but I went ahead and ordered a multi vitamin/mineral powder called GI ProChild. I'm going to go ahead and give it to Shawn as soon as we receive it but I think I'll wait until I talk to Dr. Tappan before starting Joshua on it. I just hope Dr. Tappan is open to the diet and doesn't give me any grief about it. I have yet to buy a probiotic. They are so expensive. I'm just going to keep using the yogurt until we don't see any more continued results and then think about buying some BioKult.

No comments: