Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Small Victory!

Ok, this may not sound like much to most people but...Shawn now likes orange juice. This is huge for two reasons. First off, he actually asked to taste it (he never asks to taste anything!) and second, he likes it. He's tasted orange juice in the past and even about a week into the diet and never liked it and now he does! I'm so excited! I just hope this is the beginning of new tastes for him. I'm going to make Salmon Latkes tonight for dinner and hope I can get Shawn to eat them. It's basically 2 cans of salmon, 1 carrot, 1 sm. zucchini, 1 onion, 4 cloves of garlic, 3 eggs, 2 T. almond flour. Shred the veggies in the food processor then add the egg and salmon, add salt and pepper to taste, and then add the almond flour to thicken. Form balls and fry. I'll let you all know how they turned out.

When we started the diet, I had read some things about die-off and one of them was little black specks in your BM's. Well, after 3 1/2 weeks (it's only been that long???), I finally saw some black specs in Shawn's poop this morning. It looked like black sand. Joshua also had some today which is a little weird they both had some on the same day. Both kids are now regular without the use of mineral oil so that in itself is a victory.

1 comment:

Kandee said...

Isn't it exciting when they ask to try something new? Hannah just started liking orange juice too....that was a shock. I'm so happy things are coming together for you.