Thursday, May 1, 2008

Don cheated!

I can't really blame him. I suck at providing food, lol. I try to have plenty of food every day but sometimes, I run out. Take last night for example...I came home from a relaxing night at a friends house. My plan was to put the roast and carrots in the Crockpot so it would be done in the morning and Don could take it to lunch and then in the morning, throw in some chicken so I could make more chicken pancakes. When I got home, I immediately got the roast in the Crockpot and turned it to low and then cleaned up the kitchen. This morning, I looked in the Crockpot and the meat still looked raw. I looked to make sure I remembered to turn it on and it was set to low and then I realized that it wasn't plugged in, duh! So that ruined my plans and I had nothing for Don to take to lunch. At least he only had a salad, even though he probably had dressing that was illegal. Oh well, it's more for Shawn than the rest of us anyway.

I'm not so sure that the green beans were giving me the gas. It seemed like no matter what I ate, I would get gas immediately after eating. It's getting better now and I've been eating green beans. Maybe it was die-off? I don't know but I'm just going to keep adding new foods and see how we do. After being on the diet for a while, we can always go back to the intro and start over if we are worried about a particular food.

I got my yogurt maker today. Don is going to stop at Super Target after he gets off from work at Lowe's. I'm going to have him look to see if they have goat milk and if they do, I'll have him get some so we can make some SCD yogurt. There's a whole lot more recipes that have SCD yogurt in it so I'm anxious to make my first batch. Plus, I want to add more calories to Joshua's diet. Don gets paid next Friday and will have 3 weeks worth of pay from Lowe's. I'm going to finally buy a probiotic for us to take and a multi-vitamin for the kids.

No comments: