Monday, April 28, 2008

Shawn wet his bed again last night which was really strange because he woke up at 11pm to pee. I can only assume it's more die-off because when he came home from school today, he was a little hyper and very emotional. He got very upset at dinner when his meat loaf fell apart when he went to dip it in his ketchup. Don gave him an Epsom salt bath but it didn't seem like it helped much this time.

I'm sad to say that I think I may have had a reaction to the green beans :( That sucks because they are one of my favorite veggies. I'm hoping that I can reintroduce them in a month or so. I'm going to introduce either spinach or zucchini tomorrow. I found a few more stage 1 recipes I'm going to try to make while I wait for my SCD cookbooks. I know we should be moving on to new foods but since I had a reaction to the green beans, I didn't want to introduce a new food while I still had pains. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I guess I'll find out because I finally broke down and bought Breaking The Vicious Cycle. It's late so that's all for tonight.

3 comments:

Kandee said...

have you read the posts about magnesium deficiencies in children who wet the bed...on the GAPS yahoo group? I just read it and found it interesting..don't know if its a cause for Shawn or not, but it gives food for thought. This whole diet keeps me wondering all the time...hard to tell what's die off and what's not.

Karen said...

I did see it and thought it was very interesting. I'm a little leery about starting supplements without consulting his pediatrician first. I would love to have his blood tested to see if he's deficient in anything. I would think he would get some magnesium from the Epsom salts but I could be wrong. This diet has me totally confused! The GAPS book has a lot of great info and I learned a lot from it but I don't feel it explained the diet very well. I know from the PecanBread yahoo group that SCD has stages and you are only supposed to introduce one new food every 3 or 4 days so you can watch for a reaction but I don't think the GAPS book ever mentioned this. I pretty much thought that you just started eating everything that wasn't legal. I'm trying to do it in stages because I want to see what Shawn reacts to and it's confusing when you really don't know what the stages are. This is one big experiment.

Karen said...

I meant to say that I thought you just started eating everything that wasn't ILLEGAL!