Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It must have been the cookies or was it?

Shawn didn't eat any cookies on Sunday because we were out. He didn't even have a bowel movement yesterday. So I'm thinking it must have been the cookies but he now has a snotty nose so maybe it wasn't the cookies. It's so difficult trying to pinpoint these things. I'm going to make the cookies again in the next few days so we'll be able to tell if it's the cookies. He will have a limit on how many per day he can have though.

So call me crazy but I'm testing cheese again. This time I had Shawn take a digestive enzyme before eating. He only got half a slice of cheddar cheese. I also made sure he knew that we were testing it out again and it doesn't mean he'll be able to eat cheese; it all depends on his behavior. So far, so good. It's been about 2 hrs. since he ate. He's watching a movie right now (because Joshua is napping) so we'll see how he behaves once Joshua is awake. Keeping my fingers crossed because I really do want him to be able to eat cheese every once in a while as long as it's not preventing his gut from healing.

No comments: