Friday, July 25, 2008

Spaghetti

Ok, I'm over my anger. I just vented to Don. No, I didn't yell at him. I just told him what happened and he was very supportive. He even said he thinks my mom owes me an apology.

I wanted to blog about something else tonight but I got sidetracked. Tonight I made spaghetti using a spaghetti squash and homemade spaghetti sauce. I told Shawn it was a magic vegetable that made spaghetti noodles when you cooked it. I've been wanting to try this for a very long time. I saw it in one of my SCD cookbooks and then a few weeks later, my friend Andrea blogged about making spaghetti with a spaghetti squash and how much her children liked it. Every time I went to Publix, I looked for a spaghetti squash but none was to be found....until today. Results - at first, Shawn said he liked it but then he changed his mind and didn't want to eat it. I asked him what was wrong with it and he told me he didn't like how the noodles tasted. Since I hadn't tasted yet, I took a bite and I must say that it was very good! The only difference was the texture of the noodles not the taste. Shawn does have texture issues but I don't think he knows how to express it and just says he doesn't like the taste. I remembered I had a block of Parmesan cheese in its own grater so I asked Shawn if he would eat it if it had cheese on it. Of course he said yes (he loves cheese). He thought that the cheese grater was the coolest thing ever. He did eat the spaghetti and he didn't gag or throw up. I think it was only a texture problem for him and hopefully, he got over it. I definitely want to make this again. Joshua loved it! So all in all, I think we had another winner here.

2 comments:

Melodie said...

I wonder if my kids would eat that. I doubt I would like it, because I also have "texture issues."

Working Mama said...

I'm glad it worked! How great is that!