Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ugh, the 3 month flare!

I'm pretty sure I've hit the three month flare. Actually didn't realize it until I read a post from someone else that described how I'm feeling and then it was like a light bulb going on in my head.

What is the 3 month flare you ask? Well, a majority of people that are doing SCD complain about reoccurring symptoms around 3 months. Now these symptoms can range to all sorts of things but in my case, the most prevalent one is probably depression. I've just got the I don't feel like doing anything blues, lol. It's pretty bad right now. So bad in fact that I know I'm not eating right. I just don't feel like making anything, thinking about making anything, buying ingredients to make something, etc. I've seriously thought about quitting this week. Mostly because I haven't seen the changes I wanted to from Shawn but in all honesty, he has improved.

We did cheat one night this week. I ordered pizza. It was right after I found out that Shawn did ok with the cheese at lunch time. I got to the point where I didn't have anything ready to feed them at dinner. Plus, I was really craving carbs which by the way is another symptom of the 3 month flare. Supposedly, because of the food we are eating, the bad bacteria doesn't have food to survive so it starts to die off. When it dies off, you get all kinds of reactions. When some of the bad bugs die, some of the stronger bad bugs take their place. At some other point in time, they will start to die off also and it usually takes place at regular intervals the first one being the 3 month flare. Now that I recognize it, I'm trying really hard to not let ourselves cheat again (that just feeds the bad bugs). I probably need to take an Epsom Salt bath to see if that helps. I just don't think about myself; I'm usually worrying about the kids and their reactions.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Well, if you had to cheat, I sure hope the pizaa was yummy and not just some cheap crappy pizza.