Sunday, July 6, 2008

I still don't know if it was die-off or a head cold.

Shawn got congested the day after my last post. He didn't have any sneezing though and he didn't complain of a sore throat. Even if he did have a sore throat, he probably wouldn't tell me. He just doesn't complain about being sick unless it's his stomach.

My congestion lasted almost all week. I did start sneezing and had a runny nose but it was clear. Later in the week I had a cough which I think has to do with the post nasal drip. I never really felt like it was a head cold even though I felt horrible. It was just different somehow so I don't know if it's my imagination or not. Two days ago, Shawn woke up with some cramping and had to use the bathroom. He had several bowel movements within an hour and the last one was borderline diarrhea. Today was the same thing - cramping, several bowel movements, diarrhea. I'm thinking that has to be from the bio-kult but Don thinks he was eating too many cookies that I just made. We are out of cookies so we'll see how he does tomorrow.

I'm still congested but not in the I can't breathe kind of congested. This is what I've been dealing with for the past 2 years. We just increased our Bio-Kult dose yesterday so we'll see what happens.

One thing I have noticed with Shawn is his lack of attention. Remember my post about positive changes? Well, you can just throw that out the window, lol. I read about how the diet and starting probiotics will make things worse before they get better. I hope that's all it is because I didn't realize how much Shawn has improved until these last few days. His attention is where it was before we started maybe even worse so I hope it's just the probiotic doing it's job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.