Monday, April 7, 2008

Aha!

We still haven't started the diet yet but I think I may have spotted a trigger today. Shawn's been home sick with the flu all last week and this week is Spring Break. While he was sick, we wouldn't allow him to drink milk because he has a problem with phlegm and I believe milk thickens it (I could be wrong). He's pretty much over the flu so Don gave him some milk this morning (ok, it wasn't just milk it was chocolate milk). He's been bouncing off the walls, not listening to me, and acting like he wants to get in trouble. I'm not sure if it was the milk or if it was because it was chocolate milk but it just makes me think that this diet really is going to work and I'm anxious to get started.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

And then it could be an additive in the chocolate (was it prepared chocolate milk or was it chocalte mixed in with milk?). Coloring, preservatives, etc. Any of those could be a factor too.
Andrea

Karen said...

It was prepared chocolate milk. Yeah, I'm not really sure what it was in that chocolate milk but I know he's not getting anymore of it. Well, I might give him some on the day of his neurologist appointment, lol. That way they can see how he normally is. We haven't really let him drink any milk since that day even white milk except in his cereal (but he doesn't eat cereal that often). After reading that book, I know we have to make huge changes in our diet but I really want to get Shawn diagnosed first.

jennifer said...

Good luck with the new diet Karen. Let us know how is appointment goes.

Melodie said...

Just catching up here...

Most of the reason that I don't drink milk, and rarely have ice cream, is because it increases my phelgm.