Sunday, April 13, 2008

It must be the milk

Ever since the whole chocolate milk discovery, we haven't been giving Shawn milk to drink. We have let him have some cereal with milk and it hasn't seem to affect him (at least not a noticeable change). Anyway, the last few days Shawn has been asking if he could have some milk to drink and I've told him no. Today however, I let him drink a cup of white milk after he begged me for some. I thought maybe it was the chocolate milk that made him turn into a crazy person since he didn't seem to be affected by the cereal. I could not believe the transformation in him. It took about an hour and then he had a complete meltdown. First, I told him to get out of my bedroom. He was looking through the DVD's because he wanted to watch another movie. I told him no and that he's watched enough t.v. for the day. I literally had to drag him out of my room because he was crying about wanting to just "look at the DVD's even if he couldn't watch one". After I got him out of my bedroom, he went to play with Daddy and Joshua and then had a meltdown because the Lego jet he built broke. He was uncontrollable so Don decided to put him in the bath. He put two cups of Epsom Salts in Shawn's bath. Getting him in the bath was difficult because he was a whiny mess! It's hard to explain exactly how he was acting but if I didn't know what was going on, I would have just laughed at the way he was acting he was being so ridiculous and crying over everything. About 10 minutes into the bath, Shawn finally calmed down. We continued to let him soak for a while and then let him get out. It was like Mr. Hyde turning back into Dr. Jekyll. He was back to normal (at least as normal goes for Shawn) for the rest of the night. So it must definitely have something to do with milk or Casein and I'm so happy that the Epsom salts worked.

No comments: