Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's been a week already???

Sometimes I can't believe it's been a week already but then sometimes I think - it's only been a week??? Don and I are both tired of eating the same food every single day. I'm going to introduce Spinach in the next day or two and it will be a challenge because no one in our family is a spinach fan. I have to see if I can find a recipe that disguises the taste with some thing else that we are already allowed to have on our diet like eggs.

Don is having a tough time right now. He wants to give up but I won't let him. He's tired of the food, of always feeling hungry, etc. I know that some of this is true and some of this is from die off. He wants bread and corn. He's craving that because that is what the bad bacteria likes to feed off of.

I'm getting a little more efficient in the kitchen but it's still very time consuming. I just ordered a few SCD cookbooks so hopefully, I can change things up a little with the food and keep Don happy. I was finally able to get Shawn to eat pureed ground beef, egg, and carrot and cooked like a meatloaf. I just topped it with some homemade ketchup and he was happy. I even got him to eat the green beans without having to puree them. Now if I could just come up with a fish pureed dish for him we would be set, lol. I'm still a little worried about Joshua not eating enough calories. He's been eating the food we give him sometimes with bribery but he's still eating it but he's not drinking his 500 calorie power milk drink 2 times a day anymore and thats a lot of calories to make up for. We should be getting our yogurt maker on Wednesday so I'll be experimenting with homemade goat yogurt next week. That should help with some calories. Between the yogurt maker and the juicer, we should be able to make some smoothies that he might drink and help fatten him up. I'm sure after we start the yogurt I'll be a little stressed. Yogurt is a probiotic and will increase the amount of die off you experience so we should have some fun times ahead of us.

No comments: