Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 5

So last night I kind of copped out as far as blogging. I just felt so overwhelmed last night and didn't feel like I had the time to blog. Last night was a struggle to get both kids fed (because Shawn wouldn't eat his dinner) and then ready for bed by myself. Then I had dishes to do and more cooking and I was way behind in laundry. I broke down when Don came home at 10:15pm and he helped me finish everything up. I still didn't get to bed until after midnight. I just felt like I couldn't keep up with everything. It didn't help that I was rushing around the entire day yesterday and I know that I didn't drink enough water. I had to wake up Joshua from his nap (that is such a crime) so we could pick up Shawn from school. He normally rides the bus but I pick him up from school on Wednesdays because he has CCD at St. Stephens at 4:15pm and there is no way we would make it on time if Shawn rode the bus home since he doesn't get dropped off until 3:45pm.

Today went much better!!! I just felt a little more organized. It helped that Don didn't work tonight either. Tonight for dinner we had fish and I introduced green beans for the first time. I had a reaction to something from dinner and stupid me doesn't know for sure if it was green beans or not because I also used some butter tonight for the first time. I know, I know, I'm a little impatient. I'm only supposed to introduce one new food at a time but butter is allowed and I just thought the fish would be better with butter. So now I'm in some pain. If I had to guess, I think it is probably from the butter. I'm going to go without both until I feel better and then make the green beans again to make sure it was the butter. I wish I could get this kind of feedback from the kids. I really don't know if they have any type of reaction except to keep an eye on their BM's and behavior. Don did not have a reaction tonight.

I need to find some recipe that uses beef that Shawn will eat. He needs to eat some red meat and not just chicken every day. So I thought about browning up some ground beef and then pureeing it with some carrot and egg and see what that would taste like broiled into sort of a hamburger. I doubt he'll like it but I've got to do some experimenting to come up with something.

We're getting ready to use the juicer. I bought all kinds of fruits and we are going to use the juice to make some homemade jello tonight. Plus, we are going to experiment with finding a juice that will mix well with banana and egg yolk so we can make sort of a shake. I worry that Joshua is not getting enough calories and he still whines for milk in the morning and when he wakes up from his nap. So I would feel much better giving him a legal drink/shake that will help fill him up and fatten him up.

No comments: