Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 6

I felt like such a bad mommy today. As always, I was rushing around to get some cooking done this morning before taking Shawn his lunch. I pureed more chicken with some carrots and an egg and fried the "pancakes" in some coconut oil. I put 3 pancakes in a container for Shawn and cut them into pieces. I watered down some honey and put it aside. I got together some food for Joshua to take with us so he could eat his lunch with Shawn. Then I changed Joshua's diaper, put Shawn and Joshua's lunch in the microwave to heat up, put everything in the bag and left to take Shawn his lunch. We actually made it on time today and was even a little bit early. We passed Shawn outside as he was planting a plant or something. We said hi and then I went to the office to check in. When I walked into the building where Shawn's class is, I see him and two other kids getting ready to frost and decorate sugar cookies. When I told Shawn he couldn't eat that cookie, the teacher's aid said she forgot. Good thing I just happened to show up! It was her last day so they had a little party and everyone got to eat the cookie they decorated at lunch except for Shawn. I felt really bad for him but that wasn't the worst of it. The worst part was that I forgot to pack the honey. Shawn was a little upset but he still ate some of the chicken pancake but not as much as usual. I did bring a banana with me and he ate the whole banana plus about 2 bites of Joshua's banana. He looked depressed and it broke my heart.

As soon as he got off the bus, he said he was hungry. I made him up some pureed ground beef mixed with carrot and egg and made little meat balls. I also made my own ketchup so he would have something to dip it in. He turned his nose up at it but in his defense, he was probably really hungry and was very cranky and emotional so I just heated up a couple of chicken pancakes and give him his honey and he was happy. Well, kind of...he was in a much better mood but was still a little whiny so I put him in a bath with some Epsom salt and that seem to do the trick. While he was in the bath, he mentioned that his class had brownies today at school and he didn't have any. I kind of wonder about that though because of the way he acted when he came home but who knows.

I'm glad tomorrow is the weekend so I can make sure Shawn eats throughout the day and is not hungry. I did some more juicing and mixed some grape juice with some lemon juice and it turned out really good. It tasted similar to lemon aid. The sweetness of the grape juice did the trick. So I used the juice to make some homemade jello. I can't wait until tomorrow to see how it turned out. I also tried making meringues tonight but it is now midnight and they aren't done yet :( I really wanted to surprise Shawn with a sweet treat. I've got some carrots on the stove still also. Since they are supposed to cook for 4 hours, technically I shouldn't take them off until 1am but I'm taking them off as soon as I finish this post.

My stomach is finally starting to feel a little better. Don told me this morning that he had a lot of gas so I guess he did have a reaction last night after all. I might make some more green beans tomorrow and test them out. Well, that's my update for today. It's time to get the stuff off the stove and get in bed! Don works tomorrow morning so it should be fun trying to get the kids ready in the morning. Wish me luck!

No comments: