Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting ready...

Tomorrow is Shawn's neurology appointment and I'm so excited! I can't wait to find out the results whether it is Autism, or ADD, or ADHD, or Sensory Processing Disorder...I don't care, I just want to know!

I was going to start the new diet on Saturday but I changed my mind to wait until Sunday. We have relatives visiting from Maryland and we are going to have dinner at my Aunt's house and celebrate Joshua's 2nd birthday while we are there. I just couldn't start the diet and then not let the boys have some cake on Saturday especially with the peer pressure I'll probably get from my family. I can just hear it now: "you're not going to let them have cake?!" "Oh, come on, it's his birthday. Let him have some cake". So to avoid all of that, we are starting on Sunday.

Don caved in and let me buy the juicer I wanted. I started a juicer fund and had $130.00 saved up and hopefully will be able to add some more after our garage sale this Saturday. Tonight he told me to just go ahead and order it on the credit card and then I can pay the credit card back after this weekend. Yay, I'm so excited!!! I got a really good price too. I bought it from Vitality Plus and only paid $395.00. That's cheap considering everywhere else I saw it priced at $549.00. I think this diet is going to be difficult for Shawn but being able to juice will help out tremendously as far as getting some nutrition in him. I just pray that he starts eating things he normally doesn't, like Hannah did. Now I have to go buy some canning jars. I think I'm going to try and make my own applesauce tomorrow so I'll have to have a jar to put it in. We'll be able to eat homemade applesauce after the intro so I plan to let Shawn take some to school for his lunch (of course he'll have other stuff too, lol). I'm a little nervous...I know Shawn is going to throw a fit and I don't want to cave in. I plan to get rid of all our illegals on Saturday night so I won't be able to cave in at least the first few days anyway, lol. Hopefully by then, Shawn will start eating some of the other things on the diet like eggs and meat. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Good Luck Karen! In bothe the diet change adventure and the psychologist. Keep us updated.