Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The detoxing has begun.

We've started to have die-off symptoms. Die-off is very similar to withdrawal symptoms coming off of drugs. Yesterday, I had a really bad taste in my mouth and last night when I brushed my teeth, I made sure to brush and scrape my tongue. It was a little fuzzy and white. I'm sure it's probably the Candida coming out. I was also an emotional wreck yesterday. I was crying over everything, even regular cartoons. I would just tear up for no reason driving in the car. It was ridiculous and no I'm not pregnant! This morning when Don woke Shawn up, he said he had to pee and when Don took him to the bathroom he said he smelled old pee so he checked Shawn's bed and he wet the bed. Shawn's never wet the bed before that is so unlike him.Then Shawn told Don his stomach hurt this morning and only drank a few sips of water and then threw up. I tried to get him to eat some breakfast but before he even made it to the table, he started to throw up again (mostly the dry heaves). I only got one bite of egg in him and some water before he threw up again so I went ahead and made him a bath with Epsom salt and had him soak for a while. He was complaining about being tired and wanted to lay down so I got him out of the tub and told him he would have to lay on the couch because his sheets were in the dryer. Then he said he needed to throw up again so I grabbed him and he made it to the toilet. After getting him dressed and set up on the couch, I had him try to drink a sippy cup of water. He kept it down and then fell asleep on the couch. He ended up taking a 1 1/2 hr. nap. So far, I haven't seen anything visible going on with Joshua but he didn't eat as badly as the rest of us so he may not have as much detoxing to go through. Plus, he's had a few illegals since we started. I'll update later tonight with the rest of day 3.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

Hope Shawn is feeling better this afternoon. I was pretty sure when Matthew & Patrick threw up last week that it was related to die off. I have had the tongue guck too - isn't it gross!
Andrea