Sunday, April 20, 2008

End of Day 1...

I'm a slave to the kitchen. It seems I've been cooking most of the day. In fact, I'm trying to hurry and type this because I have carrots and apples cooking on the stove right now. Today was pretty tough but I know that soon I'll get into a groove and the cooking won't seem so bad. Shawn did really well today. I'm so proud of him! I thought he would throw a bunch of temper tantrums over the food but he didn't. Joshua on the other hand, was horrible today. I felt like such a bad mom with him because he barely ate anything. I'm not sure what his problem was because he is not as picky as Shawn. He usually will eat scramble eggs but wouldn't today. He normally eats apple sauce but wouldn't today. We finally caved in at dinner and I gave him a drinkable yogurt that I hadn't thrown out yet, then he ate about 3 bites of scrambled egg and I forced him to eat a bite of meat. Don gave him 2 fig newtons while I was at church and then I let him eat some blueberries before he went to bed. We are only supposed to eat cooked fruit right now but I don't think it will affect Joshua too much. I hope he eats better tomorrow because I'm not sure I can let him go the whole day without eating.

I didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary with Shawn's behavior until around 5:30pm when we went to mass. He was definitely in hyper active mode when we got to the church. Symptoms very similar to how he acted after we gave him milk. He couldn't sit still. Some part of his body was moving at all times. He was talking a lot more than usual (he's usually pretty quiet in church). I didn't loose my patience with him though because he did so well with the food today and I knew that he was probably having some die off reaction. When we got home from church, I let him pick out a Speed Racer car and he picked the Mach 6 with saw blades.

The meat loaf we had for lunch was not that good but the roast we had for dinner was very yummy. It's hard not having starches. Don said the only thing missing from dinner was the potatoes, lol. I guess we'll get used to it. Don has some heart burn tonight which I'm pretty sure is die off symptoms. I'll have to wait and see to be sure. He usually has a BM at least 2 times a day and so far he hasn't had a BM today.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow and having to deal with bringing food to the school. I'm going to have to miss Joshua's last Kindermusik class because I won't have enough time to go back to the house and heat up Shawn's lunch and make it to the school by his lunch time. He eats at 10:15am. I'm still not sure what I'm going to pack in his lunch yet but I've got some chicken in the crock pot, a huge pot of carrots cooking on the stove, a pot of apples cooking to make some more applesauce, and we have some jello setting up in the fridge. There are 2 ripe bananas left and I know I plan to pack one for his snack in the afternoon. We also have a little left over meat from today that can be used for lunches. So that's the update for our first day SCD.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

Good luck with the cooking - I can imagine it's a challenge getting used to it.
andrea